Facelifts are a popular facial cosmetic surgery procedure that can be used to help both women and men achieve a more vibrant and youthful appearance. Recent innovations and advances in facelift surgery techniques make this procedure more efficient and effective than ever before. However, deciding to have facelift surgery or any type of cosmetic surgery and selecting a surgeon to perform procedure is a big decision and one that should not be taken lightly. For this reason, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons recommends that you ask the following questions before making your decision:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- How many procedures of this type have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure?
- What results are reasonable for me?
The questions above can be used as a guide for your discussion with your surgeon during you consultation. If you and your surgeon decide together that facelift surgery is right for you, you can then discuss the different types of facelift surgeries (mini facelifts, The Natural Uplift Facelift (NU) and combination face and neck lifts) and determine which method is best suited to help you achieve your goals.
Posted on behalf of Dr. Mark Mitchell Jones, Atlanta Plastic Surgery Specialists, P.C.
Circle Us on Google+